Friday 14 August 2009

Writers block mmm

This started about 2 weeks ago. I fell out of our van and landed unceremoniously on my backside.
unfortunately I also tore a tendon in my ankle and ripped up some muscle tissue. This left me pretty much doing nothing for about a week. Great I thought, now I have loads of time for so many things including putting some needed attention into this blog. This didn't happen. I read a lot and chanted a lot but when it came down to writing nothing was there. I began to think about what I could write and found everything contrived and lacking in honesty. Days have turned into weeks and I have been thinking more and more about why I have had nothing to say. I have been busy so there should be loads to comment on, but no. Nothing.
This morning I realized why.
I have said before so many times, that spiritual life is based on an internal dialog, not the external activities. This is why I have had nothing to say for nearly a month, because I fell into the very common trap of performing devotion service with a mechanical mentality. Just performing activities externally. It made me realize we always have to be vigilant with our spiritual practices, always be aware of how our consciousness is, how we are praying. Are we really making our relationship with Krishna (God) our priority or has it become just another thing in our life. Do we feel that at the end of each day we have made some progress towards our goal of self realization?
With this in mind I am going to spend the next 2 weeks writing about my daily realizations, you could call it a " how have I become closer to Krishna today" column. I haven't decided yet whether to post it every day or collect daily tweets on the subject and post those weekly. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment