Thursday 20 August 2009

Realization of the day 3

Phew late night, just got to Chelmsford in Essex. - was going to try and post this in the van on the way here but it was tooo shakey. Which was a shame as I was stuck on the M25 along with a multitude of other people and I realized that most of the cars around us were very nice. Then I wondered how many of these people in these nice cars do this journey every day. Stuck on the motorway for hours everyday in a vain attempt to make the material situation thay are in better. In fact I would think being on the M25 every day would make me want to give up material life. How many hours must be wasted just sitting in a car going nowhere fast???? Isn't this a tragedy all those hours in a life time that could've been used for spiritual realization gone, never to return. I wonder how much of my precious time I waste???
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

3 comments:

  1. Well even if we chanted all day every day, as Prabhupad showed us, we don't even need that much sleep, so we are always wasting time...which is a depressing statement to make...I can barely chant for 30 minutes let alone most of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haribol. Interesting realization Prema. Reminded me of a favourite Prabhupada quote:

    'We may live for a hundred years, but not one moment of these hundred years can be returned, not even if we are prepared to pay millions of dollars. We cannot add a moment, nor can we get a moment back. If time is money, we should just consider how much money we have lost.'

    ReplyDelete