Sunday 1 August 2010

gettin back into it

Ok I have been a way for a while. Lots of excuses non of them good.
But I am back.
One of the reasons I started this blog was to give some insight into life as a Hare Krishna monk a peek into what a life of devotion is the progression towards a spiritual reality. The problems we face, the highs we experience, challenges we have both internal and external. I wanted to show an honest view of my devotional life and share my realizations with you.
Well a big challenge recently has been wether to remain a monk or to get married...... whoooaaa hold on there I hear you cry........ about 3 months ago I made a choice that I could move forward spiritually and it would be better for me if I got married. It was a desire that had been in the back of my mind for a couple of years and finally I kinda realised that it wasn't going away and was stopping me getting closer to krishna. I'm going to write a bit more about this change in a couple of weeks.
I am still as devoted to krishna as ever and my devotional life isn't going, in essence, to change. Self realization is still my goal.
This blog will continue weekly (see the subtle name change) I promise, and if anything will be a bit more colourful as I go through a new part in the adventure of my spiritual life along the path of devotion.

and no I'm not married already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment