Tuesday 23 June 2009

Glastonbury 2009

Ooh boy here we go again. Glastonbury is the king of festivals. 180,000 - 200,000 people every year. Having been for the past 11 years (bar 1) I can safely say with hand on my heart that I really do not see the attraction?? Right from the start as people lug their things for the week to the campsite, through the weekend, up until when they drag their possessions back up the hill (lucky if it's not a mud bath) to the car park, people look more like they are suffering than having a good time. However for me it really is nectar. As much as I don't look forward to this festival (my mind screams) when I am there the opportunities that arise for talking about self realization and the search for God (Krishna) seem unlimited. I meet some very nice people who are genuinely interested in a spiritual path and who I often see weeks after the festival to discus the books that I gave them and their experiences of the festival. Also each year I meet people who remember me from previous years and it now has become an annual reunion for us, I will miss them if they are not there this year.
Whether its sunny or caked in mud the books will fly out and I look forward to meeting up with old friends and making some new ones.
You can follow my exploits on twitter......

No comments:

Post a Comment