Wednesday 3 June 2009

To Much Sunshine ????????

It's kinda funny that I still like football. I supported Man Utd since I was 4, struggled through the Ron Atkinson years then became a monk just when things were getting good. Sure I still keep track of what's happening but a worrying thing is happening, after the loss to Barca in the champions league final I wasn't upset. In fact I was pretty non plussed. Some one said there's always next year. Thats the point you win (or lose) then just go and do it again. I remember reading about the amount of athletes after winning gold at the Olympics who felt a huge sense of anti climax, like was all that effort worth it, that's it over. Now do it again.
That's material energies trick, convincing us that we can be satisfied in the material world when whatever pleasure we do get is sooo temporary. Yet we strive for the non permanent, put all of our energy into fleeting pleasures that we are never satisfied with, always wanting more but repeatedly being let down by the trust we put in our material senses to bring us happiness. Time to try some thing different for once................
To be continued
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment