Tuesday 14 July 2009

oops

First of all let me apologise for not posting anything for a couple of weeks, I've been caught up in going to festivals and other trips all of which fit into this post.


You may have seen a recent news item about a man walking around a town in America, naked, claiming he was a terminator from the future. This got me thinking about the power of association.

This man had immersed himself so much in the world of the terminator films that after seeing the latest take on the genre, he had managed to become convinced that he was in fact a terminator.

Most people at the music festivals I've been going to wholeheartedly take on board the mentality ( and dress ) of the bands that they want to see, even if it is just for the weekend.

I didn't notice how much being at these festivals had effected my own state of consciousness until I went straight from Glastonbury to a European convention of fellow Hare Krishna Monks. It became obvious to me when in the serene company of spiritually advanced persons that the 2 weeks of selling books in the company of festival goers had left me a little course and rough around the edges. How quickly I had changed due to association ( and how quickly I felt myself spiritually enlivened again in the company of these saints (Sadhus)) .

Truly what we associate with effects us, without a doubt.

All this should bring up the question .... what kind of person do I want to be?

So what what kind of person do you want to be? and what are you doing about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment