Sunday 5 April 2009

What am I doing????

I never was any good at English. Those who know me will testify to my poor spelling (thank God for spellcheck) and 'inventive' grammar, so when a friend I was having a conversation with suggested that I write a blog I quickly dismissed it. Then someone else suggested it, divine inspiration? or happy coincidence, I don't know. After putting some ideas for the content to a few friends,with mixed responses, inspiration finally came from a book that I have just finished reading, "The Journey Home" by Radhanatha Swami.

 So here it is, my blog for what its worth, It's not going to be a chapter and verse presentation of krishna Consciousness or the pure realizations of an elevated soul (jiva). More a conditioned souls experiences of  what its like to try and apply Krishna Consciousness to our contemporary life, sharing reflections on current affairs, conversations, meditations and adventures that I have along the path back home. Back to krishna.
Hope you'll join me

3 comments:

  1. Hey there, I met you in town with a close friend, you assumed we're girlfriend and boyfriend, boy she never got over that, it almost hurts.

    I wasn't joking when I asked about becoming a Monk, I really am interested in religions, I doubt I would ever actually become one, I'm simply just not someone you can convince to give up my laptop and relationships.

    I do however ask if you could point out a few more books I can read on Krishna/Rama or similar subjects, it's extremally interesting and I love reading about religions and politics.

    Thanks very much, I hope to see more blog posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also look forward to more blog's, found the bhagavad gita a little hard, maybe it's the language, but explanations on it would be interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alan
    we have loads of books for you. the best thing is for you to contact me via my email.

    ReplyDelete